The purpose of modularization is to provide a completely prefabricated skid-mounted unit, thus minimizing site works. One unit is composed of several interconnected modules, one module is composed of several assembled skids. Module construction is performed in a workshop or yard remote from the final project site and equipped with adapted manufacturing and personnel capacities.
Why to choose Modules ?
The delivery of a complete skid-mounted module is a key choice in the following contexts:
- Remote areas, with complex access for construction means and lack of manpower
- Extreme climates, where working possibilities are restricted by seasonal constraints
- Lack of labor quality and availability
- Offshore sites, where on-site manufacturing is hardly possible and plot area optimization is compulsory
- Existing plants, where on-going operations are an obstacle to safe on-site manufacturing
PROSERNAT modules offer the following advantages:
- Shortened schedules: a 25% schedule reduction is usually achievable during project execution when modular construction is considered. The major schedule reduction is obtained because the module construction can be performed at the same time as the construction phase on-site. By the time the modular unit reaches the owner’s site, the field is ready for module installation and connection with existing facilities.
- Cost savings: by maximizing workshop construction and assembly, full advantage is taken from an efficient and organized work progression. 40 to 100% higher labor productivity is usually achieved and supervision time with a trained manpower is generally reduced by 25%. Cost savings are also achieved on field, where a modular unit requires less plot area and simpler foundation than a similar stick built unit.
- Improved safety requirements: most of the labor intensive tasks are achieved in a workshop or on a yard chosen for its favorable and efficient working conditions. Construction permits are not necessary and there is no interaction with on-going site operations, it greatly reduces owner’s safety concerns.